Metrostar Management Corp. recognizes the fact that merchant ships carrying cargoes worldwide provide a target of opportunity for those desiring to commit criminal acts and inflict harm upon others. Therefore, the company has applied stringent standards of security onboard its vessels, in compliance with IMO amendments to SOLAS (Chapter XI-2, Parts A & B of the ISPS Code – Measures to Enhance Maritime Security) and the requirements of the Liberian Flag Administration. In addition, it has applied security standards within the office environment, with an eye to countering any possible cyber threats. The company’s Ship Security Plans have been prepared to meet the following objectives:
- Being aware of worldwide security matters in real time.
- Developing practices, both on board vessels and ashore, which ensure preemption and protection.
- Identifying possible security threats to ships or ashore and responding flexibly and effectively.
- Adhering to the highest standards of cyber resilience and security.
- Sharing knowledge with third parties in order to promote global security awareness.
- Operating in accordance with all security laws and regulations.
WE HAVE ACHIEVED EXCELLENCE THROUGH YEARS OF HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE